Banana Bread Oatmeal
In medium saucepan, bring milk, sugar, salt and spices to gentle boil (watch carefully); stir in oats. Return to boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook 1 minute for quick oats, 5 minutes for old fashioned oats or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove oatmeal from heat. Stir in mashed bananas and pecans. Spoon oatmeal into six cereal bowls. Top with yogurt, sliced bananas and pecan halves, if desired.
To toast pecans, spread evenly in shallow baking pan. Bake at 350°F 5 to 7 minutes or until light golden brown. Or, spread nuts evenly on microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; stir. Continue to microwave on HIGH, checking every 30 seconds, until nuts are fragrant and brown.
- 3 Cup(s) fat-free milk
- 3 Tablespoon(s) firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) salt (optional)
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 2 Cup(s) Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 Cup(s) mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 2 Tablespoon(s) coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- Plain or vanilla nonfat yogurt (optional)
- Banana slices (optional)
- Pecan halves (optional)