The only thing better than seasonal eggnog? A homemade eggnog cocktail!
Makes two servings
3 eggs, separated
1 cup of real milk
2 oz. cinnamon whiskey
½ cup sugar; 1 tbsp sugar (separated)
½ cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon; cinnamon sticks for garnish
1. Whisk together egg yolks and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved; set aside.
2. In a pot, whisk together milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract; briefly bring to boil.
3. Remove from heat and whisk in egg mixture.
4. Return to medium heat until mixture reaches 160° F; whisk in cinnamon whiskey; chill.
5. Whisk together 3 egg whites and 1 tbsp sugar and add to eggnog.
6. Garnish with cinnamon and cinnamon sticks, and enjoy!
640 calories; 29 g fat; 17 g saturated fat; 320 mg cholesterol; 14 g protein; 65 g carbohydrates; 0 g fiber; 160 mg sodium; 227 mg calcium. Nutrition figures based on using lowfat milk and do not include optional ingredients.
Recipe & photo by:Jason Puckly of SinCityBartender