The perfect recipe to warm up on a cold winter day.
Makes 6 servings
2 lbs butternut squash, diced
10 garlic cloves
1 medium onion, julienne
2 avocado leaves (omit if you cannot find)
2 ancho chiles, seeded and stem removed
1 tsp urfa chiles (omit if you cannot find)
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 inches ginger, fresh and peeled
½ cup olive oil
1 cup milk
4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
1 tbsp chamomile vinegar (sub apple cider vinegar)
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
3 slices thick brioche
¼ cup herb olive oil (sub regular olive oil)
1 tsp salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400° F or 375° F convection.
2. Toss all soup ingredients together minus the milk and stock, add to baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
3. Toss bread cubes with olive oil and seasons, bake for 15 minutes until golden all around.
4. Blend all roasted vegetables with stock on high until completely smooth.
5. Add to sauce pot and add in milk, adjust seasoning if necessary.
6. Serve soup and garnish with croutons, drizzle with olive oil and a few drops of favorite vinegar.
480 calories; 35 g fat; 8 g saturated fat; 45 mg cholesterol; 7 g protein; 39 g carbohydrates; 5 g fiber; 950 mg sodium; 156 mg calcium. Nutrition figures based on using lowfat white milk and do not include optional ingredients.