U.S. Olympic Medalist in Gymnastics Danell LeyvaRead more
Professional Swimmer Caitlin Leverenz
Claim to fame: 200m individual medley U.S. bronze medalist at the London 2012 Olympic Games; current American record holder in 200m and 400m individual medley.
Birthplace: Tucson, AZ
Hometown: Tucson, AZ
Birthday: February 26, 1991
Caitlin on drinking milk growing up: “Every evening, the four of us kids, we always had a glass of milk with dinner. My mom was so great – we had fat free, 1% AND 2% at one point, because all the kids had different preferences. So we would fight over which one tastes better – it’s always kind of been a part of our family, a “finish your glass of milk before finishing dinner” kind of thing.”
- She was involved in soccer, ballet and gymnastics before starting swimming.
- Caitlin is a HUGE fan of Cal football (go Bears!)
- Twitter: @cleverenz
- Instagram: @c.leverenz
- Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/leverenzcaitlin/
A swimmer since age 7, Caitlin Leverenz will be swimming in her third U.S. Olympic Team Trials this year, hoping to qualify for Team USA for the second time after winning a bronze medal in 2012. As a high school student in 2006, she was named Scholastic All-American, and went on to compete for the University of California at Berkeley. She typically competes in individual medley events.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES:
- Caitlin has been a World Champion with Team USA twice.
- She was ranked the fastest female swimmer in the U.S. for the 200m individual medley in 2012 and 2013.
- Caitlin won gold medals in both the 200m and 400m individual medley events at the 2015 Pan American Games.